Thursday, 28 January 2016

JEFFREE STAR VELOUR LIQUID LIPSTICKS // REVIEW.

So as a lover of all things colourful and bright, (and also a massive fan of nude lips!), I decided to look around the market at highly acclaimed lip products (not glosses because I HATE gloss!), and found myself pondering the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick range.
I fell in love with several colours, but unfortunately, only a select range of colours is easily available within the UK now, and getting them for retail price is proving more challenging!

I ended up choosing "Blow Pony" and "Celebrity Skin".  


 "Celebrity Skin" is the beige colour, and "Blow Pony" (what a weird name!) is the lilac colour. All the liquid lipsticks in the range have a beautiful matte finish, which is what drew me to them. 
On first thoughts, the packaging is really cute, both came in individual pink boxes with stars on them, and the actual lipstick appears to be in a high quality acrylic tube with a doe foot applicator.
Upon applying the product, I was a little disconcerted by the smell of these lipsticks. The smell strongly resembled menthol, which was highly off-putting for me, like some medicinal something or other we're given as kids, but once I got past the smell, the application was lovely and smooth. 
The colour pay off is incredible, and you'll be pleased to know that Jeffree Star's cosmetics are all CRUELTY FREE and VEGAN, meaning no animals are harmed or used in the making of the products, which is something I've been thinking about more and more lately.
The formula is perfect. and I'd have to say, apart from the initial scent, (which disappears once applied) I have no quarry with this product. Everything is perfect, and I would highly recommend them. I'm sure to be buying more colours!
Will you be trying the Velour Liquid Lipsticks?




Love,
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig