Wednesday, 27 January 2016

THE GIRL IN THE OCEAN // STOP BEING RESENTFUL FOR WHAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE.

He doesn't love you anymore, you missed your chance at a huge job opportunity because you fluffed the interview, you broke a family heirloom, you made a mistake that you shouldn't have made, be it the first time, or the second, or maybe even the third.... Any of these sound familiar? No? Maybe you don't need this post, but if you related to one or more of the points, then this post is for you my friend.
 
 
Listen to me, you are wonderful. You are a unique, magical human being capable of amazing things, don't quit on you. What I'm saying is, don't feel resentful of what you cannot change, you may not literally have magic in the ends of your fingers, but what you do have is a presence, and a being, that you and only you alone can use to make the world a better place.
 
You can't cast a spell on him to make him love you again (so feel grateful you even knew his love to begin with!), you cannot go back and do that interview a second time, so take what you learnt this time, and see where you went wrong this time to ensure that next time, you are unstoppable. And that mistake you made? Ensure that this time, you don't make it again. Note in your head where you went wrong, and use it to teach you to avoid making the same mistake again.
 
 
 
For me, I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, and I will say honestly that all of these scenarios apply to me, except the job interview one! And yes, honestly, I've kicked myself plenty of times for making errors, but that's where you need to realise the difference between a simple light dismay at your mistake, or a deep resentment of the past. You can't go back and change said event.
 
So what I'm saying is, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and take another deep breath. This time, on the exhale, visualise all of the mistakes, or problems you have had escaping your lungs and being expelled into nothing but dust before your very eyes. Magical star dust if you like. Just visualise letting it go. It sounds mad I know, but from trying relaxation therapies myself from simple apps to more in depth books, I can tell you that it does work.
 
Just let go. Relax. Smile. You're magic.
 
 
Love,
 
post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig