Wednesday, 1 March 2017

S W E E T . M U S I C

So lately I've been listening to lots of different music, and finding it's been helping me center myself and aid my thoughts. I want to share this music with you, because I know my Music for the Soul series was well received, and I hope that my music choices can still bring others joy.

Photo Credit: Tumblr.

Firstly, I discovered this rather unconventional song in a much larger saxophone tropical house playlist, and simply fell in love with it. It reminds me of Gostan - Klanga De Hofnar Remix which is simply gorgeous too. I recommend Bakermat - Intro for the days when you need something to help you get out of a bad mood. It peps me up, and motivates me, it makes me want to raise my hands up and dance. When hearing it, I imagine a vast festival overlooked by glorious sunshine and people dancing and having an amazing time, something that is a comfort during these cold, dreary Winter months that will soon be over.


The next song that I've had on repeat every night for the past week has been Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise because let's be honest, who doesn't love Phil Collins? No, but seriously, the real reason I've come to adore this song is because of the memories it prompts. I first came to properly learn the lyrics and enjoy the rhythm of the song last summer when I traveled by myself to Greece, and stayed with a long-term family friend who moved out there several years ago. I've known this person since I was a child and I was so grateful when they offered me the opportunity to stay with them and explore the island. This family friend is learning, and at the time, was learning to play the drums. One of the songs he was determined to learn, was Another Day in Paradise and each day, as I heard him practicing along to the song, I began to learn the words and appreciate the skill required to play this song and the rhythm of it. It just gives me such happy vibes and I love hearing it. A tropical house remix of this particular song that I recommend (although can 100% say is not better than the original) is Phil Collins - Another Day in paradise (Lucas Türschmann Remix) which has a wonderfully catchy beat to it.


The next choice is another Phil Collins piece, this time another remix of an absolute classic, and it is Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight ('Panski & John Skyfield Remix) [Deep House] .  I know I've featured this one before, but there is good reason to feature it again: to remind you of how incredible it truly is. I've never been high, but I can imagine that it'd feel pretty much like how this remix makes me feel. Weightless. It's truly bliss to hear.

Photo Credit: Tumblr.

Another remix I've been adoring is Mashup Germany - I'm Coming Home with the music underneath being Midnight City by M83 and acting as the backbone to the song, it's easy to fall in love with this. If you've known me for a long time or been a longtime reader of my blog, you'll maybe know I've always loved Diddy - Dirty Money - Coming Home ft. Skylar Grey and hearing it incorporated into a song with Midnight City is breathtaking. It is well worth a listen.



Lastly, another remix that I've been adoring has to be The Police - Every Breath You Take (Deep Chills Remix) which is simply heavenly. The perfect speed and tempo mixed with the underlying beat being remarkably reminiscent of that of Titanium by David Guetta (and yes, we all know how much I adore Guetta's music). 

Okay, so I hope you enjoyed all of my musical picks! Also, some of the images are from Tumblr (all of them are credited) and the rest are my own photos, some of them from my time in Greece.

Have a wonderful rest of your week, and remember, you're amazing.

Love,

post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig