Friday, 25 August 2017

UNCHARTED: THE LOST LEGACY, AN HONEST REVIEW (& SPOILERS).

If you know me well you'll know I am an avid fan of the Uncharted series. Heck, I even bought a PS3, a PS4 AND a PS Vita just so that I could indulge in every branch of the series.

Two days ago, Sony & Naughty Dog released what the fans have dubbed "Uncharted 5" : allow me to clarify...

After Uncharted 4 and the definitive conclusion of Nathan Drake's storyline, fans were led to believe they had gotten their cake and eaten it: until the announcement of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Yes, whilst Nathan Drake was unable to make an appearance, certain characters that Naughty Dog dubbed "fan favourites" during their enslaught of media fuelled interviews do indeed make a return. It's no spoiler that Chloe (from Uncharted 2 & 3) and Nadine Ross (from Uncharted 4) both make a comeback as they partner up to take the lead roles for this new game.

Whilst the game is traditional in it's sense of depth of storyline and breathtakingly immersive gameplay, graphics and puzzles (and the return to an all too familiar scenario Nathan Drake himself faced in Uncharted 2 - look at the cover art and familiarize yourself with THAT scene), the game strays away from being a traditional lengthy experience - it took me roughly 5 hours to complete, as opposed to any of the traditional Uncharted 1, 2, 3 & 4 games which took anywhere up to 10 hours each (Uncharted: Golden Abyss for PS Vita was similar to Lost Legacy in the sense that it was a spin off / olive branch away from the traditional series by adding depth of character and another "mini adventure").


Overall, I'd say Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is more than worthy of praise and a warm reception: it meets up to almost all my hopes and expectations for it, the only disappointment (as to be expected from an avid long term follower of the gameplay series) was the short storyline which at times lacked the depth of Uncharted 4, although in honesty, with Nathan Drake's absence from the entirety of the game is also partly to blame). The game retails at £29.99 on the Playstation Store and is available as both a DIGITAL download AND now also a physical copy - meaning a pretty cased copy for your collection on your shelf (although some may argue in favour of Sony's decision to create a digital download version first on the basis of practicality - I'd still argue for the attractiveness of a physical copy release, despite my only owning Golden Abyss as a digital copy, even though it's available as a physcial copy too). I will also say that another familiar face that many fans adore in a "I love you, I hate you" manner DOES make a comeback in this game, and I will also add it may be one you weren't expecting as it's been well hidden from the media - great job Naughty Dog & Sony for this exciting development that literally had me "awwwwwwing" at the top of my lungs whilst seated on my bed.

Overall I'd HIGHLY recommend this game to any long term follower of the game, or someone just looking to fill in that vacancy in their lives left after the conclusive ending to the traditional Nathan Drake series.

Have a wonderful day, and enjoy the game for yourselves!

post signature
SHARE:
© THEGIRLCRIEDFASHION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig